If you are not redirected in five seconds, click here.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

An Elegant Easter Brunch...

As the Easter holiday approaches, it's time to start thinking about how to welcome the bunny and the plethora of treats he brings with him every Spring.  I am thinking at my house we will celebrate with an intimate & elegant brunch.  

As of late, I have been completely fascinated with white porcelain bunny statues and all things milk glass, and have been planning a trip to my local 'Melrose Trading Post' flea market to find out what type of serving treasures I might discover there.  

In the meantime though, I have put together these inspiration boards to help usher in the arrival of our new line of Easter invitations & favor labels, which we will be debuting here at Juneberry Lane tomorrow...


If weather permits, as it often does here in California, I just love the thought of an outdoor backdrop for a Spring brunch.  Using the variety of aquas, oranges, yellows, & greens, as in the picture above, and complemented with classic white serveware, table decor, and blossoming hydrangeas in vintage turquoise mason jars as seen below...


(stay tuned for tutorials on how to make the playful Easter Bunny garland strung from the table above and how to turn your mason jars turquoise, if you don't have time for scouring the second-hand stores for these rare, antique beauties.)

And lo & behold...our lovely cake pops displayed in pretty pastel glassware, a hand-painted wooden bunny silhouette tray, and wouldn't you know it, delicate white handmade wrappers & sweet little bunny toppers to finish off your delicious cupcakes!


And a bit of invitation inspiration...




Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see our very own line of invitations & labels, soon to be available in our Etsy shop for your own DIYing pleasure...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm such a sucker for milk glass, too! I really want to find a LARGE compote. My mom has one, and I borrow it when I need to, but I covet it. I want one of my own! They're so much harder to find than the small compotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....would love to be invited to an eloquent brunch like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I know what you mean! I will let you know if I have any luck at the Hollywood flea markets!

    Thanks Chrystal...if you are ever in the area I know I can count on you to find us some major deals on food & supplies:)

    ReplyDelete